Vi-CELL XR : A Cell Viability Analyzer Tool
- 19, Aug 2021 08:19
What is cell viability analysis? Cell viability analysis is one of a series of quality control (QC) activities carried out in the laboratory. As we know, manufacturing companies need QC of products before they are finally distributed to the public.
In the manufacturing laboratory there is a device called a bioreactor. A bioreactor is a device or system capable of providing a biological environment that can support the occurrence of biochemical reactions from raw materials to the desired materials / finished materials. The biochemical reactions that occur in the bioreactor involve active biochemical organisms or components derived from certain organisms.
With this tool, the worker of the manufacturing laboratory can perform QC in cell viability analysis. The results of the cell viability analysis will show the number of cells that are viable or "live" in the bioreactor and is usually reported as a viable concentration (VCD), number of viable cells per milliliter, percent viability.
In carrying out the cell viability test analysis, the worker of the manufacturing laboratory will perform a test for metabolic activity, which includes parameters such as pH, cell culture gas, electrolytes, and metabolites. The information results from this test are very important to ensure consistency in production, so the biopharmaceuticals and drugs produced meet standards.
Vi-CELL XR Cell Viability Analyzer by Beckman Coulter
The Vi-CELL XR Cell Viability Analyzer provides automatically to perform the Trypan Blue Dye Exclusion method, allowing users to load up to 10 samples at one time for easy and automated cell analysis. Vi-CELL software offers pre-programmed and customizable analysis options for consistent and accurate analysis of simple cell systems.
By using this tool, you can perform cell viability analysis more easily and accurately, with superior technology, this tool provides several advantages such as:
- The Vi-CELL XR software interface has been designed for simplicity; yet offers numerous innovative features for those users demanding maximum flexibility
- The Vi-CELL XR is equipped with bioprocess tracking feature that allows convenient, automated tracking of your cell culture parameters, essential for bioreactor productivity
- This tool qualified with IQ (Installation Qualification) and OQ (Operational Qualification) certifications
- It has been validated with 21 CFR part 11 regulations for food and drug administration
- Easily can monitor and get analysis results offline
- Can analyze various types and species of cells
- The data points of total cell counts and viability percent are automatically recorded and stored in the software system, reducing potential errors in manual recording