DNA Tests Can Be Implemented In Several Test
- 06, Oct 2021 12:29
DNA tests are very useful to determine the presence of changes or abnormalities in a person's genetics or lineage, and analyze the risk of certain diseases inside a human's body. DNA tests can be implemented in several tests, and can also be used to identify certain diseases. Below is some explanation of the tests that implement DNA testing and also what specific diseases can be identified.
Tests that Implement DNA Test
- Maternity or Paternity Test. Maternity or paternity test uses a DNA test to determine and identify the identity of the baby’s parents who will be born or already born. This test is usually done by taking a blood sample on the baby's cheek. Maternity tests can also function to detect genetic abnormalities of the baby that will be born whether it has certain diseases, like down syndrome, etc.
- Forensic Test. Forensic tests are widely found and carried out for the purpose of investigating criminal cases that have resulted in victims. Forensic tests use DNA tests to identify the victim’s identity through their bloods. In addition to investigating victims, this test can also be carried out on related criminals through fingerprint or hair samples. Forensic tests can generally be carried out not only on victims but also on related criminals. Forensic tests can also be used to investigate the DNA or genetics of victims due to accidents, such as fires, plane crashes, natural disasters, and many more.
- Prediction and carrier testing. Prediction and carrier testing used DNA testing to determine whether a person has a risk of certain or inherited diseases that are passed down from generation to generation. This test is done to take preventive measures or steps and prepare for special treatment before symptoms appear.
- Deficiency of Alpha 1-Antitrypsin (A1AT) Disease. A1AT is a protein produced by the liver and serves to protect the lungs. If our A1AT is deficient, the lungs and liver will be damaged slowly. In some people, A1AT deficiency can lead to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Crohn Disease. Inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract, causing abdominal pain, diarrhea, weight loss, and malnutrition, and even cause anemia and arthritis.
- Cancer. DNA tests can identify the magnitude of the developing risk of cancer in a person, by examining the person's genes.
- Thalassemia Disease. Thalassemia disease is characterized by a blood disorder in a person, which makes it difficult for the person's body to produce sufficient amounts of hemoglobin / abnormal condition of the red blood cells. This can cause oxygen in the person's body to become deficient so it is prone to anemia and requires blood transfusions.
- Down Syndrome. Down syndrome causes abnormalities at the motor and brain level of a person who has it. Usually, someone with Down syndrome's physique must have a specificity and is easy to spot when we see it.
- Cystic Fibrosis. The presence of mucus thickening in the lungs, digestive system, and reproductive organs, so it will cause respiratory, digestive, infertility, and malnutrition.
- Sickle Cell Anemia. There is an abnormality in the shape of the blood cells, which should be round but are actually sickle-shaped. This disability can cause interference with various functions of the human body.
- Klinefelter Syndrome. Usually occurs in male babies which can affect the growth of the testes and slow down the process of reproduction of the hormone testosterone.
- Corona Virus. The DNA test can also detect the presence of the corona virus in a person's body through the swab-PCR examination process.
If you want to do a DNA test either on your family or friends to detect a certain disease inside your body or if you want to fulfill the needs of a DNA test in your laboratory or workplace, please visit hartechindonesia.com. We, HarTech provide you with life science, laboratory equipment, and consumables products with modern advanced technology and trusted brand partners.
Our DNA test equipment product is designed to provide solutions to those who work in the laboratory and need a portable laboratory solution that can be carried and used outside the laboratory or in the field, anytime and anywhere. Our DNA test equipment product can also provide convenience for anyone who wants to own and create their own laboratory, especially to conduct DNA tests independently.
Please visit and contact or request a quotation to us for more information.