Guide to the Immunoassay Test
- 26, Oct 2021 11:05
Immunoassay or it can also be called serology test is a chemical test carried out to identify and detect the concentration of certain substances in a sample, immunoassay test can be used to detect several things such as large proteins, or to determine and monitor the reaction of antigens and antibodies in the body. Immunoassay will perform an examination by taking a sample of human blood.
Immunoassays or serology tests are also widely used in the bioanalytic and pharmaceutical industries, such as conducting research, pharmaceutical analysis, discovery and development of new drugs, detection and diagnosis of viral, bacterial, fungal, parasitic, allergic diseases or infections and even some diseases such as cancer and SARS-CoV-2.
Immunoassay tests are considered to have test results that are more sensitive and specific in conducting examinations and monitoring of immunological reactions in the human body. This test can be qualitative or quantitative depending on the type and purpose of the diagnosis or sample to be investigated and detected.
Immunoassay Test Working Principle
Immunoassay works to bind and produce the body's antigen reaction as desired. There are two types of antibodies used in this test, namely monoclonal antibodies and polyclonal antibodies. Why should these two types of antibodies? Because these two types of antibodies are claimed to have a high affinity for antigen reactions.
Monoclonal antibodies can bind and produce a very specific antigen reaction, so that the output results obtained from the immunoassay test can be given more comprehensively. While polyclonal antibodies are the opposite of monoclonal antibodies. The use of these antibodies tends to give results that are not very accurate and less specific.
The working principle of an immunoassay designed to detect a specific analyte, such as influenza nucleoprotein, and the antibodies that have been carefully selected to ensure the detection of the analyte at low concentration with high specificity, meaning will not react with similar antigens. Immunoassay is designed too, to detect the binding of the specific antibody to the sample target analyte. Originally the signal from an immunoassay resulted from an enzyme acting on a substrate to yield a colored solution with the amount of color in the solution being equivalent to the amount of antigen in the test solution.
The Right Choice to Detect the SARS-CoV-2 Viral
Immunoassay tests have a higher level of accuracy than rapid tests, because their work methods are more sterile, safe, and automated-digital so that they can prevent and reduce contamination from exposure to other viruses. This is what makes the sensitivity level can reach a high percentage. Here are some other advantages when doing an immunoassay test:
- Has a high specification rate that reaches 99.81%.
- The possibility of cross-reaction between viruses or diseases is very rare or even small.
- Very effective for checking the SARS-CoV-2 viral, and other diseases such as cancer, rheumatism, hepatitis, or other infectious diseases.
- Has been recognized by Conformite Europeenne (CE), Food and Drug Administration Emergency Use Authorization (FDA EUA), to the NHS.
- The testing process is short but accurate (only takes +/- 5 hours.
Best Option Immunoassay Tool from Beckman Coulter
Beckman Coulter as one of the largest biotechnology providers in the world offers a variety of scalable and simple immunoassay analyzers and assays, all of which can help optimize your laboratory's or workplace's uptime, reliability and performance. The Immunoassay test tool from Beckman Coulter is equipped with a comprehensive range of analysis and testing instruments, which are automated-digital and comprehensive. This tool can perform dozens or even thousands of tests per day, providing high productivity for your total laboratory solution.
Why the Immunoassay Tool from Beckman Coulter?
- Scale with consistency. All Beckman Coulter’s immunoassay systems feature standardized test menus, assay protocols, instrument processes and reference ranges. Together, these features minimize training requirements and streamline inventory management tasks for labor cost savings, while providing consistent results across the healthcare delivery network.
- High levels of reliability. Streamlined maintenance procedures, ready-to-use reagents and load-on-the-fly capabilities ensure maximum system availability, reduce emergency service calls and improve reliability.
- Simplify the complex. These immunoassay analyzers tools boast intuitive interfaces and easy-to-use features that empower virtually any technologist, regardless of experience or expertise, to run tests and maintenance.
- Support improved patient care. Bring the latest medical advancements to your laboratory or workplace with the confidence that comes from trusted research and repeatable results.
- Able to identify the coronavirus.
- Internationally certified and already fulfilled the international compliances or requirements.
- Availability for all types of labs.
If you are interested with Beckman Coulter’s immunoassay tools, you can directly contact Beckman Coulter at beckmancoulter.com for more information. Or if you feel trouble and uneasy with the overseas shipping costs and don't support you to buy directly through Beckman Coulter, then you can have the option to buy and order it through its trusted distributor partner who has worked with Beckman Coulter, ordering and purchasing depends on your location. If you are in Indonesia, you can contact us at hartechindonesia.com. For more details regarding the product information and price details, you can directly visit and contact our sales team or request a quotation to us, Hartech.