8 Proper Step Cleanroom Wiping Guide
- 11, Aug 2021 08:50
Keeping the equipment always clean is an important thing that we must always pay attention to, even though it may look clean when we look at it from the outside, but actually on these objects there are many small impurities that we cannot see only with our naked eyes.
When cleaning something we have to use equipment that is suitable for its function, it is impossible when cleaning our bathroom using a broom, as well as if we want to clean laboratory equipment or other sensitive tools. Laboratory equipment should be cleaned using a cleanroom wiper.
With a shape that is in the form of a sheet and has the absorption capacity to lift dirt, wipers are widely used to clean many things as well, such as cleaning door handles, tables, shelf cabinet, mirror, and much more. When using the wiper to clean something, we must know the proper guide for using it. Because what does it mean if you use a wiper but there are still a lot of dirt and dust on the surface of the equipment / object being cleaned.
Below these are the wiping proper guide presented by the Texwipe company:
1. First, select your best wiper product. It's all up to you to choose your wiper product to cleanroom, but for Texwipe they have a product recommendation, i.e. dry wiper and a cleaning solution or a pre-wetted wiper and don't forget to wear a cleanroom glove
2. Second, fold the wiper with the correct technique. Please fold the wiper in half and half to create a quarter fold, because with this you will produce several clean areas and allow better contact with the surface to be wiped
3. Third, spray the wiper or spray the surface eventually with your wiper. When you spray the wiper, you should hold the nozzle at a distance to prevent overspray into the air or surrounding surfaces and the wiper should have a sufficient wetness level to leave a thin visible layer solution on the surface or you could just spray the surface directly
4. Fourth, wiping the area. When wiping you should do the unidirectional, parallel, and overlapping strokes for even coverage. Each stroke should overlap the previous stroke by 10% to 25%
5. Wipe in one direction and do not mix the directions
6. Always start to wipe systematically from the cleanest in dirtiest area of the surface, or from the top to the bottom, far to near, and refold the wiper after 40 to 50 inches stroke length. Doing refolding to the wiper helps more efficient wiper use
7. Always use the cleanest surface area of the wiper to wipe, not the wiper surface area that has been stained with dirt
8. Last, please dispose the wiper with the correct and prescribed procedure
So, that's the proper guideline for cleanroom wiping from Texwipe and I hope it will be useful for you to practice at home, office or outdoors. However, choosing the right wiper for your application is such an important and pretty difficult thing and there's four considerations when choosing a good wiper such as the cost, the cleanliness, absorption ability and last particle pickup.
Texwipe offers a variety of cleanroom wipes such as dry wipes, pre-wetted or pre-saturated wipes, non-sterile and sterile wipes, industrial and laboratory wipes to meet the strict requirements of pharmaceutical, bio-medical, and medical device, semiconductor & microelectronics, healthcare, aerospace, aviation & defense, laboratory, nutraceuticals / food, print, and automotive industries.
The material that Texwipe's wiper used include polyester, sealed-border and sealed-edge wipers for the most critical environments and a variety of cut edge wipes for less critical areas. Texwipe's wipers are already tested for its great and consistent quality and its high performance.
Need a solution? Please check out Texwipe's cleanroom wipers or other products from many brands on the HarTech website and never hesitate to give us a call or directly request a quote to us.