The 5 Functions and Types of Incubator
- 27, Sep 2021 12:21
An incubator is a laboratory tool used to incubate or breed microorganisms under certain conditions, like humidity conditions, air temperature, and various other things that can affect the growth of microorganisms, so that these microorganisms can incubate properly.
Here are 5 functions and types of incubators you need to know:
5 Functions of Incubator
- To assist the process of cultivating microorganisms / cell organisms, both unicellular and multicellular including bacterial cultures, tissue cultures, and yeast, as well as ensuring that the humidity and temperature conditions in the room will not hinder the incubation process of microorganisms.
- To help produce and distribute microbial assemblages.
- To help the animals breed process like insects in the zoology laboratory.
- Used as a place / container for storing samples before processing in the laboratory.
- To help accelerate the growth rate of objects / samples that are difficult to grow naturally or take a long time to grow independently.
5 Types of Incubator
- Benchtop Incubator. This type is the most commonly encountered and used incubator in the laboratory. Generally, it is used to maintain and control organisms so that their temperature can be maintained and not mixed with other microorganisms that are scattered outside the incubator.
- Incubator shaker. This type is used to cultivate microorganisms by accelerating the process of breeding / growth by transferring heat quickly and evenly throughout the room. This incubator can only be used on liquid objects / samples.
- CO2 Incubator. There are several types of bacteria that need to be investigated by increasing the concentration of CO2. A CO2 incubator is needed in several laboratories that focus on research on CO2-concentrated bacteria. It works by maintaining the humidity in the incubator so that bacteria can grow properly by utilizing a cabinet filled with water at the bottom of the appliance.
- Portable Incubator. It has a smaller size than other incubators in the laboratory, and can be carried anywhere and everywhere.
- Cooling Incubator. This incubator is equipped with heating and cooling controls that must always be balanced, maintained and at the right temperature
Fulfill your laboratory or workplace equipment tool by visiting our website on hartechindonesia.com, we will provide you our best choices of Incubator product or others from our trustworthy partners along with a technology system that is updated according to the needs of the times.